Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

check my answers on this review about to kill a mockingbird?

I put an x next to my answer

The setting of the novel is (Points : 1)

Atlanta, Georgia, 1960s

x Maycomb, Alabama, 1930s

New York, New York, 2000

Question 2. The narrator is Jem Finch. He is a kind-hearted and passive teenaged boy. (Points : 1)

True

x False

Question 3. Why does Scout want to go to school at the beginning of the novel? (Points : 1)

x She wants to learn how to read.

She does not feel safe at home with Calpurnia.

She wants to join in all of the activities and be with the other children.

Question 4. Walter Cunningham is treated with respect by Atticus, Cal, and Jem despite his social status in Maycomb (Points : 1)

x True

False

Question 5. The word erratic means (Points : 1)

x irregular

unique

to relieve or satisfy

Question 6. When Jem loses his pants in the Radley yard, the kids tell Atticus that (Points : 1)

he lost them on the fence when they were running away from Boo

x he was having them dry-cleaned

he lost them in a game of strip poker

Question 7. This person leaves treats in the tree for the children. (Points : 1)

Tom Robinson

x Boo Radley

Miss. Maudie

Question 8. Which of the following best explains the children's relationship with Miss. Maudie? (Points : 1)

She is their aunt.

x She is their friend.

The children drive her crazy.

Question 9. Why does Scout say, "I tried to climb into Jem's skin and walk around in it"? (Points : 1)

x She is making an allusion to a conversation she had with Atticus about seeing things from another person's point of view.

She wants to be like Jem and imitate everything he does.

She liked saying things to irritate Jem.

Question 10. Even though the children are afraid of Boo Radley, we (as readers) know that he has been doing many kind things for the children without their knowledge. (Points : 1)

x True

False

3 Answers

Relevance
  • LJ
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Usually I don't like helping kids who don't want to do their homework.

But it sounds like you really read the book and tried to answer the questions yourself. Do you really deserve a little help.

Question 3 is wrong, because Scout already knows how to read before she starts school. While none of the other choices are great, the best answer is the one about joining in with other kids with their activities. She certainly doesn't like Calpurnia, but she doesn't feel unsafe with her.

And yes, number 6 is wrong, too. They told Atticus that he lost his pants playing strip poker.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

When aiming to manifest, lots of individuals focus excessive on the outdoors form rather than the internal condition. Exactly what' important is our internal experience: whether we choose to experience love or fear. When we commit to our internal experience of love we begin to bring in more love. Many people approach Manifestation from a location of "How can I get something to feel much better?" Rather, the focus should be: "How can I feel much better and for that reason be an energetic match for attracting more success into my life?"- and this is just a part of what you are be getting with this guide https://tr.im/dEE6M , Manifestation Miracle works making your life much better without the fixation of tomorrow day.

Your objectives create your fact. There is no need to beat yourself up: just recognizing how your low-level thoughts adversely influence your life is the very first effective action towards altering your experiences. Start this process you will accept the sincerity worrying your low-level thoughts, energy and feelings of shock block you from getting what you want. When you get clear about the blocks, you can begin to clean them as much as clear area for favorable manifestations take place.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Question 6 is - he lost them in a game of strip poker

All others are correct:)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.