Steven asked in HealthMental Health · 7 years ago

what happened to the incel support forum?

Anybody know that happened to the incel support forum?

Favorite Answer

Members from the old incel support forum at incel.myonlineplace.org have reconnected at http://yourenotalone.info/forum

Hoping that previous board members find this link.

1

Source(s): The Art of Seduction http://emuy.info/GetEveryGirlEasily

Incel Forum

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): happened incel support forum: https://biturl.im/p9SzG

I used to post under the name "atypical" in the forums, and I've been meaning to respond to this thread, because it appears to be the only remaining lifeline to the old group. I'm definitely mourning the loss of the forum. It's really a shame that it disappeared, because there were a bunch of good, kind, helpful people on it, of both men and women. There were more than a handful of folks there that really helped me out personally when I was going through some difficult challenges. Sure, there were crazies and trolls that would pop up every now and again, as there are in every internet forum, but such persons' views would quickly be picked apart and challenged. Misogyny and misandry were not tolerated.

It wasn't a forum of self-pity. "Incel" was discussed as not some kind of disorder, or condition that one has no control over, but simply a situation which any person can find themselves in at different points in their life. We would regularly talk about strategies for improving ourselves and overcoming our situation, getting over some of our insecurities and challenging some unhelpful ideas and misconceptions about relationships and dating. I've definitely felt a void since it's no longer around, and sometimes there are things I feel the need to talk about, but no longer have a place to do it.

Although I can't say I've completely overcome incel since the forum shut down, I managed to make a lot of strides in shedding my old attitudes and beliefs, just taking to heart some of the solid advice I've gotten there. I wish I had kept in touch with some of these folks before the forum shut down for the second time, because I feel like some of them could've been my friends. If any of you are reading this, just want to say thank you, and I hope you're doing OK, wherever you are. ~atypical

The main incel community that descended from the early 2000s incelsite.com board (itself came from a mailing list from the pre-Internet days from what I've been told) had their forums go down back at the end of 2013, the URL you see posted here was supposed to be an interim until that board was fixed. That temporary board had its domain paid for by a member for a year, and what I think happened was that particular member didn't bother to renew the domain when it expired at the end of 2014, roughly a year after the main board went down.

I'm not surprised another board hasn't been formed again because of a few factors, first off interest in the temporary board seemed to taper off severely closer to the end of 2014, while the incel forum has never been a busy one to begin with, there were times it would seem like a week would go by before a new post was made closer to when the domain expired. I think this lack of interest ties into two major events that occurred in 2014 that I think was detrimental to the incel community.

First, the Wikipedia community voted to finally remove "Involuntary Celibacy" from the online encyclopedia despite the article having been there for close to a decade. It was a major stepping stone for people into the community, especially people who were experiencing it but weren't aware of there was a term for it or communities in existence. Secondly, was the Elliot Rodgers murders in California last year which brought the term "incel" into the public spotlight albeit in a very negative way, Rodgers called himself an "incel" and the media linked him to the more negative incel communities particular the misogynistic Men's Right types, now the public views incels as angry males (despite the fact female ones exist) who may do horrible things to justify themselves. If you type incel or involuntary celibacy into Google now, one of the first articles that pops up now is a Salon article about the "terrifying" world of incel, compare this to how not too long prior to that you would either get a link to the incel message board we are talking about here or the former Wikipedia article.

I won't say the community from this incel forum won't ever get together again, but given the current circumstances I think there is a lack of interest to really re-organize.

Incel Support

So, I've started another forum up, for those who visit this page, miss the old board and might like to reconnect. It is at

http://s15.zetaboards.com/Single_and_Stuck/index/

I am no tech whiz, but I have attempted to create a private area for past board members so we can gather and discuss the old boards or the potential of a new one. Maybe if a few of us are prepared to take on administrative duties, and think it sounds like a good idea, a public board can be opened to new members. We will see.

If you are an old board member and have fond memories of the board, please head on over and register. Note that registrations will not be automatic, so there may be a delay before access to the board is available.

Hope to see you there.

frangog

I am surprised I found this, I used to post on one of the older forums, not the newer one, I also had basically stopped after awhile as I moved around a lot (I have moved close to 20,000 miles in 5 years), I had deaths in my family where i had to move 3000 miles, my health went south, etc.

I searched for it recently as I was thinking of the old posters I used to talk to, I am still alone, but not looking anymore, I used to volunteer all my time UNHCR, local causes where I am now (major US city), I even sacrificed my health recently to help someone else, but I am proud of this even though my heath is really suffering, so I cannot volunteer anymore.

I also miss talking current events with some of the members, anyway, good luck to anyone who happens to read this too bad one psycho in Southern California had to ruin it all for everyone.

---not_here

• And now another crazy in Toronto has made "incel" == "terrorist" in the minds of the media. Well, him and the violent misogynist crazies on current fora who call themselves incel (yes, I've looked).

I was also thinking of the old group recently. I really miss some of those great people.

*sighs* I do not know, but I am truly not surprised; they can't seem to keep a forum together for long. They were a whole bunch of really insane people: most insane because they just kept beating themselves up and trying to make themselves change, but it never worked and they were all still single anyway.

Source(s): Former Admin ousted and slandered by members