Martine asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

is hcg safe for weightloss?

Hi

i want to know more about hcg diet, i would like start this diet in few days, i read hcg injections are not fda approved for weight loss.

tell me guys hcg diet or drops or injection which is more effective and safe.

Favorite Answer

The Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission issued warning letters in December, 2011 to many companies that sell the over-the-counter products, noting they have not been approved by the FDA for weight loss and false advertising claims. The drops do not contain the actual hcg hormone but similar synthetic amino acids. These peptides are destroyed in the digestive system and are completely worthless.The FDA and FTC have finally taken steps to stop these potentially harmful and scam products.

Anyone that lost weight on the diet protocol only did because they were eating 500 calories a day and in starvation mode. The side effects of the hcg diet protocol are the side effects of malnutrition. These include headache, hair loss, interruption of menstrual cycles, fatigue, feeling lightheaded, disorientation, stomach pain, nausea, and diarrhea.

Common sense tells you this diet is nothing more than starvation. One of the side effects of properly using the hcg injections to increase fertility is weight gain. So how can the hormone cause weight loss?

The doctors exploiting this benign hormone can't even agree on how it works. Some say it releases stored fat calories into the system. Others say it acts as an appetite suppressant. Neither explanation justifies the weight loss in the individuals taking the oral drops containing no hcg in them that still lost weight.

The mental apparatus occurring here is called "cognitive relativism" where hcg users assert their beliefs to the point where they deny facts, lack of evidence, and true expert opinion.

While there are loads of profiteers, clinics, and doctors with no moral compass promoting this 60 year old ridiculous protocol it is not endorsed or recommended by any medical, dietary, or regulatory organization.

Type "hcg" in the Search Y! Answers box above and find out what hcg is really all about.

And read the sad questions from women wanting to become pregnant.

I would say pretty confidently, no, HCG is neither a reliable nor safe diet procedure. To me, it appears to be one more "fad diet" that catches on very briefly, and then fizzles out because it just doesn't work, like most diets.

There's no way around dieting, really, besides following basic rules of nutrition. I really do not like exercise, and while others say exercise is wonderful, I freaking hate it. I've tried a dozen times to get into it without success because of how unpleasant it is.

I suggest looking into a simple nutritional guide that you could find online or in a bookstore (or digital bookstore). They provide much more practical tips than any diet like an HCG one could, and the HCG also suffers from rebound weight gain.

The thing about dieting is that the hardest part is the beginning. It's almost tortuous, really. But it *does* get easier over time, and you crave less and less of the bad stuff the more you stay away from it.

I have seen a lot of ladies use hcg injections with good results. I would say go for a trial period and see how you feel after that if you wish to continue

www.shapegoodgang.com

• Ralph

40 minutes on the rock climbing wall

• Thomas

disable food cravings

pick up a 5 or 10 pound weight at the gym and visualize that weight coming off holding the weight in your hands helps bring home just how heavy even 5 pounds of extra fat can be

• Breann

take a break from blue moon belgian white a 164 calorie treat and grab a miller genuine draft which is only 64 cals

2 hour walk at a moderate pace

Eat grapefruit before each meal

try a plain greek yogurt with frozen berries for a pre workout boost