Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Help on nelson mandela?
I was asked to right a full page on facts about Nelson Mandela and an essay for my English class. I don't feel too sure about what to write. Can anybody help me out?
These are the facts I gathered.
• Nelson Mandela was born on July 18 1918 in South Africa.
• Mandela was baptized in the Methodist Church.
• He was the first in his family to attend school.
• He was adopted by Chief Jongintaba Dalindyebo at age nine.
• When Nelson Mandela was 16, he took partake in the traditional African circumcision ritual to mark his entrance into manhood.
• He was mocked as a "country boy" by his classmates.
• In 1939, Nelson Mandela enrolled at the University College of Fort Hare.
• In his second year at Fort Hare, Nelson Mandela was elected to the Student Representative Council.
• Nelson Mandela ran away from home after he found out he had an arranged marriage.
• He then enrolled at the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg to study law.
• Nelson Mandela joined the African National Congress in 1942.
• Nelson Mandela studied law and became one of South Africa’s first black lawyers.
• Directed a campaign against the South African government and its racist policies.
• In 1964 he was arrested.
• He was moved to prison on the mainland until and was released in 1990.
• In 1991, Nelson Mandela was elected president of the African National Congress.
• He was the world's most famous political prisoner.
• In 1993 Nelson Mandela won a Nobel Peace Prize
• In 1994, he was inaugurated as South Africa's first black president.
• In 1996, Mandela signed into law a new constitution for the nation, establishing a strong central government based on majority rule.
• By the 1999 general election, Nelson Mandela had retired from active politics.
• He raised money to build schools and clinics in South Africa.
• He published books on his life and struggles.
• Nelson Mandela was diagnosed and treated for prostate cancer in 2001.
• In June 2004, at the age of 85, he announced his formal retirement from public life and returned to his native village of Qunu.
• On July 18, 2007, Mandela convened a group of world leaders.
• Nelson Mandela made his last public appearance at the final match of the World Cup in South Africa in 2010.
• He visited the first lady Michelle Obama, on her trip to South Africa in 2011.
• Mandela was hospitalized in Johannesburg to undergo surgery for a stomach ailment in early 2012.
• Mandela died at his home in Johannesburg on December 5, 2013, at age 95.
- 7 years agoFavorite Answer
Maybe if you listen to some of the Eulogies you will develop a flow that will carry into your words. If I was writing such an essay I write in Capital letters across the top "HE MADE A DIIFFERENCE" and go on to explain how he influenced so many people in so many ways.
- 7 years ago
Forgot a couple important ones:
-He founded a brutal militant terrorist group.
-He was guilty of planting bombs in Johannesburg at train stations that KILLED INNOCENT PEOPLE!
-This is why he was arrested.
-He would not renounce terrorism even though it meant life in prison .
-He only got out because the British Communists needed him to push their controlling idealogy for them (sound familiar?)
-His whole existence is glossed over by the west to make him look good so that the Communist agenda continues to be pushed here. (sound familiar)
Anyways, look a lil deeper. The fact that we aqre worshipping him makes me sick
- Anonymous7 years ago
He was just plain overrated media puppet.