Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 7 years ago

Why do I always side with the bad guys in movies?

Except for Batman (latest trilogy) because Batman's bada*s and he worked like no one else to be like that, in all other movies i watch I side with the bad guys...

In Star Wars, I like the Dark Side ten times more than the good side... I find it much more .. fun and direct doing things...

In Transformers I find the Autobots weak but lucky, and I like Megatron and the Decepticon side infinitely more.

In tons of movies (I'm watching "Haywire" right now) I find the main character annoying... But usually only when it's a ninja-like girl... I tend to despise girls that fight as well as me...

I despise Superman, I think he got lucky landing on earth... I wish someone sprays him down with a kryptonite submachinegun...

Why do I always side with the bad guys?

Does anybody else do this?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I do this too. It comes, for me, from knowing that superheroes and 'good guys' never win in real life. I also find that every protagonist is the same: a just, honest goodie-two--shoes.

I think that bad guys have a lot more character depth, and are also more realistic and FUN. The only heroes I can stand are Marvel's, because most of them are sarcastic and funny.

A lot of people feel the same way you do, that's why anti-hero movies are such hits. And in my opinion most good guys can be a bit cheesy

Source(s): Boba Fett wasn't a good guy or a bad guy