Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 7 years ago

Why do I always side with the bad guys in movies?

Except for Batman (latest trilogy) because Batman's bada*s and he worked like no one else to be like that, in all other movies i watch I side with the bad guys...

In Star Wars, I like the Dark Side ten times more than the good side... I find it much more .. fun and direct doing things...

In Transformers I find the Autobots weak but lucky, and I like Megatron and the Decepticon side infinitely more.

In tons of movies (I'm watching "Haywire" right now) I find the main character annoying... But usually only when it's a ninja-like girl... I tend to despise girls that fight as well as me...

I despise Superman, I think he got lucky landing on earth... I wish someone sprays him down with a kryptonite submachinegun...

Why do I always side with the bad guys?

Does anybody else do this?

Thanks!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I do this too. It comes, for me, from knowing that superheroes and 'good guys' never win in real life. I also find that every protagonist is the same: a just, honest goodie-two--shoes.

I think that bad guys have a lot more character depth, and are also more realistic and FUN. The only heroes I can stand are Marvel's, because most of them are sarcastic and funny.

• 7 years ago

A lot of people feel the same way you do, that's why anti-hero movies are such hits. And in my opinion most good guys can be a bit cheesy

Source(s): Boba Fett wasn't a good guy or a bad guy
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.