How can I cross into Ciudad Juarez walking?

I am planning to travel from Los Angeles to El Paso, Texas on January. I wanted to know how can I get into Juarez? I want to rent a car and leave it park in the U.S. territory during my visit and walk across the bridge but I do not want the rental to get stolen in the U.S. side. Can I just get a taxi and have them... show more I am planning to travel from Los Angeles to El Paso, Texas on January. I wanted to know how can I get into Juarez? I want to rent a car and leave it park in the U.S. territory during my visit and walk across the bridge but I do not want the rental to get stolen in the U.S. side. Can I just get a taxi and have them drop me off to the bridge and I can walk it from there? What are the procedures to be able to walk from the U.S. to Mexico and back? I will arrive on a Friday and return back on Sunday to visit a friend of mine. Please do not come out with your crime rate statistics and etc. I just want to know what is the most feasible way to do this. Also do the bridge closes?
5 answers 5