promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 6 years ago

What is the difference between an espresso,mocha,cappuccino,latte etc ?

Everyone I go to Starbucks I always get a frapuccino. Now it's to cold for that but I don't know what else to get at Starbucks. Any recommendations on what to get? Also, can you please explain the difference between a latte,mocha,cappuccino,etc..

Thanks !(:

Update:

*Every time*

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A latte is made with shots of espresso and steamed 2% milk with a thin layer of foam across the top. That is all it is. There is no flavoring in a latte unless specified. The most common is a vanilla latte. This will be sweetened with vanilla, shots of espresso, and steamed 2% milk.

A mocha is made with mocha (Which is Starbucks bitter sweet dark chocolate sauce), shots of espresso, steamed 2% milk and whipped cream. It is the same as a latte with the exception of foam with whipped cream on top.

A cappuccino is meant for people who want to savor the flavor of the espresso. It has shots of espresso, half steamed 2% milk and half of a light, fluffy foam. This is not for people who want a DRINK drink with sweeteners. You are not going to want this drink, I guarantee it. It is literally half milk, half foam.

Order a Mocha, White mocha or Salted Caramel Mocha this time of year. I highly recommend the Salted Caramel Mocha. It is made with mocha, toffee nut, steamed 2% milk, shots of espresso, whipped cream on top, caramel drizzle and a sea salt and Hawaiian sugar topping.

Source(s): Starbucks Shift Manager
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

Espresso-brewed by compression with steam(pretty strong)

Latte- steamed milk and espresso

Cappuccino-foamed milk and espresso(if made correctly it will weigh next to nothing)

Mocha- a latte with chocolate sauce(sometimes choc. milk is used instead

Frappe-a drink blended with ice...these come in many varieties but are most commonly found with vanilla or chocolate)

• 6 years ago

If you get them from Starbucks, they are all the same, because they all TASTE LIKE CRAP. ;)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.