Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 6 years ago

What is the difference between an espresso,mocha,cappuccino,latte etc ?

Everyone I go to Starbucks I always get a frapuccino. Now it's to cold for that but I don't know what else to get at Starbucks. Any recommendations on what to get? Also, can you please explain the difference between a latte,mocha,cappuccino,etc..

Thanks !(:

*Every time*

Favorite Answer

A latte is made with shots of espresso and steamed 2% milk with a thin layer of foam across the top. That is all it is. There is no flavoring in a latte unless specified. The most common is a vanilla latte. This will be sweetened with vanilla, shots of espresso, and steamed 2% milk.

A mocha is made with mocha (Which is Starbucks bitter sweet dark chocolate sauce), shots of espresso, steamed 2% milk and whipped cream. It is the same as a latte with the exception of foam with whipped cream on top.

A cappuccino is meant for people who want to savor the flavor of the espresso. It has shots of espresso, half steamed 2% milk and half of a light, fluffy foam. This is not for people who want a DRINK drink with sweeteners. You are not going to want this drink, I guarantee it. It is literally half milk, half foam.

Order a Mocha, White mocha or Salted Caramel Mocha this time of year. I highly recommend the Salted Caramel Mocha. It is made with mocha, toffee nut, steamed 2% milk, shots of espresso, whipped cream on top, caramel drizzle and a sea salt and Hawaiian sugar topping.

Source(s): Starbucks Shift Manager

Espresso-brewed by compression with steam(pretty strong)

Latte- steamed milk and espresso

Cappuccino-foamed milk and espresso(if made correctly it will weigh next to nothing)

Mocha- a latte with chocolate sauce(sometimes choc. milk is used instead

Frappe-a drink blended with ice...these come in many varieties but are most commonly found with vanilla or chocolate)

If you get them from Starbucks, they are all the same, because they all TASTE LIKE CRAP. ;)