Anyone want to recommend a recipe for Kue Nastar/Indonesian Pineapple Cookies?

I have an Indonesian wife who doesn't cook herself, and would like to surprise her with a batch of Kue Nastar cookies as I know she adores them. I have been looking around the Internet and have basically found no two versions of this recipe that are the same, nor have I found one that includes all the ingredients that she says her mother uses (who is one of those cooks who doesn't work from a recipe, so she's no help either). Does anyone have a recipe they could recommend that uses imperial measurements and includes the milk powder, corn starch, and Parmesan cheese (I'm happy to skip the cheese if need be)?

Favorite Answer

Kue Nastar or Kueh Nastar in (malay) is very simple to make. The Chinese version called it "wife cake/cookies" (loh por (wife) paeng (cookie) using puff pastry with pinenuts added to the pineapple preserve. For Indonesian kue nastar, you first made the pineapple filling. Puree or grate the pineapple, add sugar and a little salt. Cook down the liquid to a paste. For the nastar, I use 250 gm all purpose flour and 25 gm of cornflour (with cornflour the dough will be soft and not dry) a little salt and 1 tsp baking powder. Sift dry ingredients. Then you rub in 11/2 stick of butter, 2 Tsp veggie oil,1 Tsp powdered milk (to make it creamy) 4 egg yolks and 1 beaten egg for egg wash. You rub with the tip of your fingers or fork in the mixture until it looks like fine breadcrumbs. Add cold water and make it into a soft dough. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to let it rest. Then you roll out the dough, cut into rounds, fill it with 1tsp of pineapple puree, seal it into a small ball. Egg wash and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes till golden brown. The Malaysian kueh nastar, instead of filling inside the dough, the pineapple puree is filled into a dent (finger to make a depression into the top of the dough) I never had or make it with cheese anyway *

• Amy

A recipe for the popular Coca-Cola cake, made with Coca-Cola and buttermilk and mini marshmallows. Ingredients: 2 cups self-rising flour 2 cups sugar 3 tablespoons cocoa 1 cup Coca-Cola 1 cup butter 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows 2 eggs, beaten 1/2 cup buttermilk 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon vanilla extract . Frosting: 1/2 cup butter 1 tablespoon cocoa 6 tablespoons Coca-Cola 1 box confectioner's sugar, (1pound) 1/2 cup chopped pecans Preparation: Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch pan and set aside. In a large bowl combine flour and sugar. In a saucpan combine the cocoa, Coca-Cola, butter, and marshmallows; bring to a boil. Combine the boiled mixture with the flour and sugar mixture. In a separate bowl mix eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla; add to the first mixture. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes, until cake tests done. Frosting: In a saucepan, bring butter, cocoa, and Coca-Cola to a boil. Stir in the sugar and mix well. Stir in nuts. Spread over the cake while both cake and frosting are still warm. Serves about 16.