Angelo asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

Add flavor to veggies?

I'm trying to eat better for my acne but it's a little hard for a teen that's been eating crap foods his whole life you know veggies are a little difficult to me I can't get used to them, what's a good way to add some flavor even if it's just a little that won't cause me to break out I guess, I seriously just don't know the whole eating right process lol x]. Help me out please, and Thanks!.

Favorite Answer

Add a little garlic or onion salt. That will add flavor and if you don't overdo it, it isn't bad for your health. You can also cook your veggies in unsalted butter.

Source(s): The Undertaker - Personal Trainer

You can dip them in ranch dressing.

You can roast potatoes and broccoli in foil with garlic, olive oil, and a little seasoning.

Fry corn in butter.

Get a bag of stir fry vegetables and fry them in a pan with butter and stir fry sauce.

Really pile on the tomatoes and avocado and onion and mushrooms etc on hamburgers and tacos you make at home.

Make a roast, any meat you buy at the store, put it in a deep pan, surround it with all the chopped up veg you can dare, cover it in foil and just let it be for about an hour.

The trick to food is that you have to learn to taste flavors of the food. We are so deeply trained to taste sugar and salt that we really don't notice if something tastes -like mushroom, a lot of fresh peppers in here, a nice sharp celery flavor, -etc. The most decedent food you can have are also some of the healthiest.

Use spices! For example, avocado tastes really nice if you mash it up, then add salt, pepper, sour cream (optional) and smoked paprika. Then it's basically guacamole and you can eat it on plain water crackers! Balsamic dressing is a great (and healthy) way to add flavour to salads. Mix olive oil with balsamic vinegar with the ratio of 2:1 (2 parts oil to 1 part vinegar). Don't overdo with the vinegar! Then, drizzle the dressing over a salad. Hope this helps!

Dear Anglo

For treatment your acne need to do many things not only pure eating veggies isn't useful but also you need to others source of foods

for treatment your acne : please : 1- clean and washing your face every day by water or with baby soap or baby shampoo 2- be relax and release your stress 3- use Rettinoid ointment - decrease eating fatty and fast foods

eat more veggies and drink water instated sweet juices

Source(s): www.drghanedietdiabetes.com
  • Ade7

Stir fry them with garlic, ginger and chilli

Or make a tasty veggie soup by cooking and blending them with whatever spices you like

In moderation, salt ads flavor.

I love the original Mrs. Dash. It has all these herbs in it and gives vegetables a kick.