promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How can i know if the computer parts i get will fit?

So im starting so get together about 700-800 euros for building a good gaming pc. Problem is, this is my first time dooing it, i dont have that much experience with electronics all together so im hoping it will go well. I found a handy dandy site in which it gives me a basic list of things i need, power,motherboard, cpu ram etc all that stuff, so i selected a bunch of it to what seemed nice, has good ratings and reviews and is of a vendor i know of intel, Asus, coolermaster etc. I would like to know if i can avoid any complications when purchasing all the parts and case and motherboard by knowing before hand if it will all fit properly.

Here's a list of all the stuff i had selected, if i forgot something important it would be nice to know.

CPU-Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU-Cooling -Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard- Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Memory/Ram-Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory

Storage drive- Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video-card-EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2GB Video Card, Not sure about this, but if i can fit two i'll get two if at all possible, dont know if PC's can have two at a time.

Soundcard-Asus Xonar DX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card

Wired network adapter- Intel EXPI9301CTBLK 10/100/1000 Mbps PCI-Express x1 Network Adapter

Wireless network adapter-Asus PCE-N10 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

Case- Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower Case

Powersupply- Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Diskdrive- Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

If you happen to have some advice about PC building i would really apreciate it, thanks for reading through this all and have a wonderfull day :D

Update:

Forgot to mention the handy dandy site; http://pcpartpicker.com/

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Dick
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A couple of thoughts:

1. Opt for the i5-4670k CPU instead of the 3570k CPU. It's a bit more in price but it's the newest technology an even at that it's been out for about a year now. the 3570 is older technology. It's not a bad CPU but since you're building a NEW computer use the newest parts. In fact a whole new series of Intel CPU's is coming out in 2014.

2. 2TB Hard Drive - Do you actually have a use for all of that storage space??? Most folks use well under 100GB for a normal computer setup with software, photos, documents, music, and some movies. Unless you are a person who downloads tons of movies or the like then don't get a 2TB HD. Opt for something more in line of a 500GB or even a 250GB if that will suffice for your needs. Use the money you save on the smaller HD to help finance the improved i5 CPU.

3. If your storage needs are relatively low and money's not a big problem, then go with something like a 240GB SSD hard drive for about $140. Much better speeds than a rotating HD. If you get one of these be aware that you DO NOT DEFRAG it! Defragging a SSD will degrade it's performance over time with the constant rewriting done in a defrag operation.

4. Since this is a desktop pc you'll be using it in one place. If your wifi router is in that same area, connect it with a 10/100 Cat5 or Cat6 cable. The cable connection is faster than a WiFi connection. If your pc location is away from the wifi router then certainly a wife card/connection makes sense.

5. Power Supply - if you actually are going to get two video cards then you'd better get a much a more capable power supply. Get something in the 750W range.

Hope this all helps.

Source(s): 27 Years Computer Experience & IT Support
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.