What are home treatments for a (spider) bite?

I have a bite around my elbow that I got 2 days ago. It started off as a small dot that looked like a pimple but now it's red and swelling up. Its also hot to the touch. Sometimes the redness will go down and come back but the swelling gets larger, although very slowly. It hurts when someone touches it also. My father-in-law looked up symptoms of different possibilities but I don't have any of them. No headaches, no vomiting, no itching, burning or anything. I'd rather treat it at home instead of paying a few grand for a hospital visit and a 3 hour wait. I'll upload a picture so you can see it.

Favorite Answer

1.Apply an ice pack to a bite or sting for 15 to 20 minutes once an hour for the first 6 hours. Always keep a cloth between your skin and the ice pack. Do not apply ice for longer than 15 to 20 minutes at a time, and do not fall asleep with the ice on your skin.

2.Elevate the area of the bite or sting to decrease swelling.

3.Try a nonprescription medicine the relief of itching, redness, and swelling.