Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 7 years ago

what do these sentences say? They are in Latin so google translate doesnt work.?

1.quid corpus tuum sub aqua tenet?

2.Captivi, qui ante portam positi errant, liberati sunt.

3.Cur praenium puero qui aberat dedisti?

4.Qui puer verbis boni viri non permotus est?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I've corrected misspellings in the Latin. Perhaps:

1.Quid corpus tuum sub aqua tenet?

What is holding your body under the water? / What is your body holding under the water?

(It's unclear whether "quid" or "corpus tuum" is the subject of the verb "tenet" [is holding])

2.Captivi, qui ante portam positi erant, liberati sunt.

The prisoners, who had been placed in front of the gate / door, have been freed.

(Two passive voice verbs: "positi erant" [had been placed], third-person plural pluperfect indicative passive of pono, I place, and "liberati sunt" [have been freed], third-person plural perfect indicative passive of libero, I free)

3.Cur praemium puero qui aberat dedisti?

Why have you given a reward to the boy who was absent?

("Dedisti" [you have given] is the second-person singular perfect indicative active of do, I give)

4.Qui puer verbis boni viri non permotus est?

What boy has not been excited by the words of a good man?

(Another passive voice verb: "permotus est" [has been excited] is third-person singular perfect passive indicative of permoveo, I excite)

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Hola, me llamo Selena Quintanilla Perez. Era una cantante latina famosa. Nací en Tejas, el 16 de abril de 1971. Yo estaba matado cuando tenía 23 años. Soy famosa por mis canciones <<Dreaming of You>> y <<Como la flor>>.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.