No optical port on TV - soundbar connection?

Hi everyone.

I bought a sound bar toady, a Logik one (cheap) anyway when I brought it home my TV (Samsung 32 LED) has no connections for a optical cable port or coaxile cable, only HDMI and USB port, the sound bar has no HDMI or USB ports. Is there any way I can get a connector or adaptor to connect the Digital Optical Cable to a usb?

appreciate it

apologies for the typos,

Thanks guys, the TV model is Samsung 32" UE32D4003, I checked again the ports - no connection for coaxial or Optical out, there are two HDMI ports, a USB port, a headphones port and a scart one...now I'm beginning to understand why it was so cheap a couple of years ago.

• Chris
    Favorite Answer

ditto what bt91945 said.

I just checked. Even the basic series 4 Samsung 32" TVs have an optical port. Perhaps if you edit your post to include the TV model number the we can confirm 100%. But as it stands it does look highly likely that the TV has an Opticl output.

Look again. They provide you with an optical audio output port. Look in the owners manual for the location of the optical audio port. This is the only audio ouput all HDTV provides. Hope this will help you out.