Bob
Bob asked in HealthMental Health · 7 years ago

How do I stop stuttering?

Its been couple of years since I started stuttering. I realized I can only do this when I'm nervous or anxious during a conversation. If I randomly talk to myself, I don't stutter. Does anyone know any types of methods of permanently getting rid of stuttering.

PLEASE DON'T SAY THAT I NEED TO GO TO A SPEECH THERAPIST. I DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO GO TO ONE. I'm still in high school.

Hi. You can do a great deal to help yourself by slowing down your speech. Most young folks, and others, today seem to think they have to talk 100 miles a minute. One can barely understand them.

Listen to the folks who get paid a lot of money to talk on TV...namely, news casters...those who are not reading their lines. Another way you can help yourself is to read a book, in the privacy of your own room, and read it aloud, slowing your speech as you read.

And nerves can make the best of us stutter at times. Those same nerves, however, tend to make us speed up our speech. So practice when you're talking to your friends, etc, to just slow down. Will take practice.

I am an RN.

eat a lot of lemons