Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

It's 2013. Does anyone believe illegals can't get govt assistance? Fifty years ago, they?

could not. Now they can.

What changed? What caused it? When did it happen?

Anybody know?

Update:

`

Just THREE answers? Either nobody knows or they think they do but are afraid to chance being proved wrong.

I'm holding out for a few more answers before I cite the law/precedent that allows persons not born in the U.S. and living here with illegal status to receive govt assistance.

Update 2:

=====================================

=====================================

Okay, FIVE answers. I guest that's not bad for 3AM. Here's why ALL illegal aliens are FULLY ENTITLED to ALL benefits and assistance once reserved for taxpaying Citizens:

The Supreme Court used wording in a landmark 1982 case that redefined "person" for purposes of determining who can qualify for public assistance. The following is from the U.S. Dept of Justice's "TITLE VI LEGAL MANUAL".

It's kind of long and proves one thing: The case of Plyler v. Doe DID, INDEED, redefine illegal aliens as persons entitled to receive ANY and ALL govt assistance available to Citizens who've worked their azzes off for 30 years, paid exorbitant unfair taxes, served in wars, been shot at, worked as volunteer firefighters...you name it.

That's right, Terrorists! Come here this morning from Iran, spend all day with fellow America-haters, by 2PM go to welfare office, pull down ALL

Update 3:

`

===========================

Sorry, I forgot Y!A gives you ample space THEN TRUNCATES like a MOFO!!!

I'll have to do this in parts.

===========================

That's right, Terrorists! Come here this morning from Iran, spend all day with fellow America-haters, by 2PM go to welfare office, pull down ALL the goodies!!! Wooo Hoooo!!!

So, without further adeu...

This is from:

TITLE VI LEGAL MANUAL

U.S. Department of Justice

Title VI states that no person "in the United States" shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, or national origin by an entity receiving Federal financial assistance.

III. Title VI Applies to "Persons"

Title VI states "no person" shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, or national origin. While the courts have not addressed the scope of "person" as that term is used in Title VI, the Supreme Court has addressed this term in the context of challenges brought under the Fifth

Update 4:

===================================

While the courts have not addressed the scope of "person" as that term is used in Title VI, the Supreme Court has addressed this term in the context of challenges brought under the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments. See, e.g., Plyler v. Doe, 457 U.S. 202 (1982); Mathews v. Diaz, 426 U.S. 67 (1976). The Supreme Court has held that undocumented aliens are considered "persons" under the equal protection and due process clauses of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments. Plyler, supra, 457 U.S. at 210-211; Mathews, supra, 426 U.S. at 77. Since rights protected by Title VI, at a minimum, are analogous to such protections under the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments, these cases provide persuasive authority as to the scope of "persons" protected by Title VI. See Guardians Assn. v. Civil Service Commission, 463 U.S. 582 (1983); Regents of the University of California v Bakke, 438 U.S. 265 (1978).(6) Thus, one may assume that Title VI p

Update 5:

Related to the scope of coverage of Title VI is the issue of standing to challenge program operations as a violation of Title VI. Individuals may bring a cause of action under Title VI if they are excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination under, any Federal assistance program. See Coalition of Bedford-Stuyvesant Block Association, Inc. v. Cuomo, 651 F. Supp. 1202, 1209 n.2 (E.D.N.Y. 1987; Bryant v. New Jersey Department of Transportation, 1998 WL 133758 (D.N.J.).

http://www.justice.gov/crt/grants_statutes/legalma...

Read it and... WEEEEEEP!!! You KNOW I did!

Update 6:

`

==============> FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATION <==============

I realized I failed to mention something of fundamental importance to the argument. (Oops! Gee, doesn't EVERYbody know that, already?!)

The purpose and scope of Title VI is to define Federal Financial Assistance and who qualifies.

From the link:

I. Overview: Interplay of Title VI with Title IX, Section 504, the Fourteenth Amendment, and Title VII

Title VI prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in programs and activities receiving Federal financial assistance. Specifically, Title VI provides that

[n]o person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.

Hope that helps!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think I know but I'll wait & let the rest answer. I wanna see sheeple claim they still can't get any assistance.

More importantly, before my parents brought us as toddlers from Taiwan, they and my grandparents had been hungrier than Mexicans coming, now or even 20 years ago. My mom didn't have any meat and often would go days begging for just RICE!

They all worked their behinds off over there, managed to make the grades, come here and earn their post-grad degrees. Between Mom, Dad, my brother, sister and me, we hold 3 PhD's, 5 Master's and I've lost count of bachelor's what with some people counting an undergrad double major as two degrees.

And as IMMIGRANTS (as opposed to aliens, which my parents were UNTIL they were sworn in and which illegals are until they go through the same channels), we never received a dime in govt assistance.

I was right. It's Plyler. Unbelievable. soMEone, THANK YOU for that link. It's the best I've seen and I've only scanned it for a minute. But I can tell it's concise and definitive, though I'd assume it's been updated.

谢谢!

• R J
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I would say the corporations because my liberal people tell me they work for a dollar a day, so it has to be some kind of corporate like law right. Dallas wins big in the cold of cago. Did you know that clove oil will help when you need a root canal and the dentist are off on Fridays, it taste pretty bad, but.................

• 7 years ago

Now, all you have to do is prove it. Find a clause in the law that lets illegals get welfare or food stamps. And don't call it illegals getting assistance when it only applies to babies born on this side of the border. Their families get nothing except what goes directly to the baby.

Edit: None of your Title VI diatribe addresses the issue of persons ILLEGALLY in the country. I did an extensive search, again, and could find no evidence of any illegal families receiving welfare except for children born here.

• 7 years ago

Okay then, cite your evidence, and your definition of government assistance.

The law does not permit a person unlawfully in the country from collecting various benefits, with certain narrow exceptions (such as emergency care in a hospital).

Corruption on the other hand exists in every field, from government employees to pastors. Corrupt employees are not government policy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Illegals are the new royalty. They get free rides in terms of welfare, education, medical health care, and we, the lowly working tax paying Americans are the ones footing the bill for it.

You can thank your liberals in office for defending illegals. Us republicans would deport every single illegal immigrant if the dems weren't fighting us on it.

AMERICA BELONGS TO AMERICANS< NOT THE F******* ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

• 7 years ago

actually in the early 1940's

liberals deported every illegal immigrant that could be found in the US.

and I mean every single one.

• IChee
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

you are correct, among parcing legal intent of words in law and 'providing aid to anchor babies' there are plenty of ways illegals receive welfare

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.