why am i grieving for paul walker?

Ever since the news of paul walkers death, I have found myself extremely sad about it. I have watched every video, read every article and have found it all very very upsetting... so much so that my mood is at a low and I have even burst into tears a couple of times. I find it so tragic the way in which he died and found it really affected me. I have been thinking about his poor daughter, his girlfriend and his family all the time. I just don't know why I'm finding this very difficult to process?? Or why i'm finding it all so upsetting.. It's like someone I know has died and the only time I ever felt remotely as upset was when jade goody died.. honestly, I just want this feeling to go away because i'm starting to feel a little crazy!!! HELP!

Favorite Answer

Well, I can sympathize. I'd never even heard of Paul Walker before he died, but I went through the same thing when Princess Diana was killed in 1997. I was a 40-something guy, had never paid any attention to her, didn't watch her big wedding on TV and all of that. When I heard on the radio that Sunday morning that she was dead in a car accident, I felt devastated. I didn't turn on the TV for a week, except to watch her funeral at 6am that next Saturday because I didn't want to have to hear it over and over again. I cried like a child during the funeral. I didn't understand why at all, but it was very intense. I live near D.C. And even took a bunch of flowers to the lawn in front of the British Embassy, which I would have kind of sneered at people doing before. All I can figure is that it was SO much a surprise, so violent and tragic an end for so young a person. Maybe there is more to it than that, I don't know. But I promise you, you aren't crazy and in time it will be easier.

For reasons known only to yourself, you have ASSIGNED emotionsl attachments to this man,

Yes, his death a tragic WASTE of young life, and yes, there may have been a future ahead that would not manifest itself anymore.

Allow yorself to grieve, talk to a health care professional, or trained grief counsellor.

im having a hard time with paul walkers passing also. i cried when i saw the news. im a die hard fan. i love all his movies. all my friends are teasing me. saying you dont know him so why are you sad over paul walkers passing. i feel like i know him from watching his movies all these years. im just glad theres other fans who under stands how we feel. im sick of being teased at work. its getting old

Humans tend to feel empathy for one another, and the more you concern yourself with the incident and watch videos about it; the more you'll feel sad about what happened. What starts as mere interest in a tragic event becomes a downward spiral of depression and sorrow.

well that's the power of the cult of celebrity at work...look at it this way ..if that had been you burnt to a crisp in that crash ...who would mourn your passing...... just your family and friends....

Never heard of him was he a friend

I think because the media tells you you should. BTW, who was Jade Goody?