Why do Christians have a problem with...?

Why do Christians have a problem with same sex marriage but not with divorced Christians getting remarried?

What is the difference between adultery and same sex marriage if they are both a sin? No sin is greater than the other.

Why do Christians have no problem in the U.S. divorcing and getting remarried? This is adultery. I live in the bible belt of the United States and Arkansas has one of the highest divorce rates. My dad is divorced and remarried and against same sex marriage.

My questions are:

1 Why do Christians have no problem with getting remarried after divorcing, but have one with same sex marriage?

2. Why do pastors remarry divorced people?

3 Why don't Christians try to outlaw adulterers marriage?

• Truth
    Favorite Answer

I have a problem with both. Unless the divorce is for Biblically appropriate reasons.

1.) The Catholic Church has no issues with gay people getting all of the benefits of marriage through law, but makes it clear that it is not a marriage through the Catholic Church. It wouldn't match the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman. Also, you must have sex for the sacrament of matrimony to be complete (this sound weird, but it's true), so considering that sodomy is a sin I don't think it would work out very well. Also note that the only divorces that the Catholic Church recognizes are those due to adultery. That is the only "legitimate" cause for a divorce. You could also get an annulment, which states that the marriage never legitimately existed in the first place.

2.) The statement that no sin is greater than the other is compelte crap in the Catholic Church. There are hundreds of dogmas dealing with the severity of sins and how to determine it. Actually, in the Catholic Church, salvation itself depends on the severity of your sins.

3.) Adultery is having sex outside of a marriage (either before it or during it with someone else). If a divorce is not legitimate (which, ironically, is only through adultery), then any sex thereafter with anyone else is adultery. The Catholic Church does NOT approve of it.

I hope I helped! Best answer please? (the secularists vote down any religious comment)

• Lee K

It's true.

Marriage in the bible is done by God Himself and He despises adultery. Jesus said the ONLY reason for divorce is adultery. And it's true that you are married until DEATH. A divorced person CANNOT remarry in God's eyes. God only marries people ONCE. The state/government does whatever if likes if the population is in favor but the WORD is the TRUTH....read it and weep, Christians!

Christians, like any other people, when they don't like something, they want to dispense of it and do what works for them instead of obeying the Word of God. Many Christians think abortion is okay if pregnancy is a product of rape or the mother is in danger of dying also.

Mature Christians obey the Word and follow (behave) as Jesus does. It's not possible to be perfect but IGNORING what the bible says is NOT Christian.

• Elsa

I don't know what Christians you are referring to. But divorcing is a sin, unless it's it's for adultery. A man/women is allowed to divorce and remarry in this case. The one who committed the adultery is not allowed to marry and if he/she does, the person who marries this person is also seen as an adulteress/adulterer.

The widow/widower is also allowed to remarry.

So called Pastors who marry divorced people are living in sexual sin. Let him be, as God will be the one to judge him. And he will be judged harder than someone who is not a teacher.

Unless he married a woman who divorced because of adultery, in that case, she is free to marry another without sinning.

Christans have a problem with same sex marriage because God created a man and a woman and said for them to love eachother and further the Lords purpose of creation, not four men and four women and saying "now you choose who you want to love." His intent was for a man and a woman to be joined as one under His name. And Christans do have a problem with divorce. God said in the bible that divorce is wrong, and all disputes and arguments should and can be resloved through God and only God. Christans only remarry when they hear God tell them it is finally right. Pastors are not making their own judgements based on their thoughts. Their actions are done by God through them. Christans dont outlaw adulterers in marriage because God says not to discriminate or exclude or elimenate anyone from our lives who might one day know and love God and accept Him as their Creator and Holy Father. (And yes i do realize that Christans have not done a good job at all about this.) Christans, try as they might, are not perfect, they still sin, they still make mistakes, they still stray from the path of God, but that is why Christans praise and thank God for being a forgiving God.

If you couldnt tell by now, i am a strong believer in the Lord. I am a Christan. I am proud to be Christan. I love the Lord my God with all of my heart, mind, and soul. I hope i will never reject Him, nor forsake Him. I will stand by my Lord until i die. If you ppinted a gun at my head and asked me "do you believe in God? If you say yes, i will pull the trigger." I would say yes. I would tell you i believed in Him, because if God decides to call me home, whenever and however that may be, i will answer and not run or hide or flee, because i trust my God. I trust Him that he knows what is best for me and my life and everyone around me.

NOW I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU: Can you stand up this way for what you believe in?

• kevin

The truth is; God allows for remarriage of divorced people IF their divorce was on biblical grounds, such as for sexual infidelity of one spouse against the other Matt 19:9 or for abandonment in 1Cor 7:15 Now homosexualality is never permited let alone same sex marriage. Lev 20:13 1Cor 6:9 "abusers of themselves with mankind (sodomites) 1Tim 1:9,10 Rom1:26,27 "men with men" Is that clear enough fo you?

There are some Christians who object to remarriage after divorce. There are some pastors who refuse to perform weddings for divorced people.

Some object to any remarriage after divorce, period. Others make an exception for an innocent spouse who was cheated on or abandoned.

Quote:

"No sin is greater than the other".

Where did you get that form? That is not Biblical : some sins are greater than others. Since you claim to be form the Bible belt, you should know better.

Because religion evolves over time, just like people do. The words of the bible are becoming less and less "acted out" by individuals. Light-skinned people were also opposed to the freeing of slaves, as stated in the bible. Now that verse is no longer in use, it shoved aside as "old fashion" and extinct.

Christians call everything a sin if it does not apply to them

If they remarry, they think they can still go to heaven

and since they are not homosexual, they think homosexuals should go to hell

logic