What is a good way to take notes from the Bible?

Favorite Answer

I take notes during sermons, listening to podcasts, reading Biblically based books and literature. I have a file box with folders that list Topics in alphabetical order. I copy pages of notes that could be filed under more than one topic. I also keep literature, missions handouts, and any sort of handouts that I might receive.

I have a hardcopy Bible that I have used for study purposes. I set up my own system to color code different things, and I underline, highlight, circle, or whatever else I can think of doing that make things stand out in a system. For example, anytime I see a reference to time I underline it with a light blue color. It can be the name of a month, a reference to a year that a particular King ruled, or it could say something like "the next day" or "it was winter". Then I use another color whenever I see a location named. It might say "Jerusalem", "on the road to Jericho", "in the garden", or "on the table". I use another color to highlight the author named for each book where applicable.

I highlight warnings with pink, and anytime I see a reference to something that the devil, or an enemy of God has said, I highlight it in orange. I also do things like draw a little star next to prophetic passages, and make sure that the cross-references that were already in the Bible are noted.

It was an interesting study when I decided to highlight everytime I found Jesus making a reference to an Old Testament prophet, writer, event, or prophecy. You would be amazed.

Is this the kind of information that you were asking for, or did "Use a pencil" get it for you?

• JD

Get or use online KJVersion, NIV, and New Living Translation, and a Strongs Concordance. From these translations and concordance you get a better idea of what the meaning is for the more difficult concepts.

Get a wide margin bible and write in it.

Red pen all over.. mark that baby up.

• /

Rip out the concordance one page at a time.

• Moi

go to this website and get as much FREE material as you can

it has awesome features that allow you to take study notes, organize and compare them -- many other FREE features

awesome - couldnt do without mine!

http://www.e-sword.net/

Please prayerfully consider a donation - Rick does all this FOR GOD AND HIS PEOPLE

Rip out a few pages at a time you never know when you might need some TP!!!

• Bugsy

They have pretty good apps for that. Give one a try.

Pen and paper

use a highlighter , or a recording device.

Rip out the page and eat it.