What to wear - job interview: Veterinary Assistant / Animal Attendant / Receptionist? (20/female/hot weather)?

I've got a job interview at a vet clinic as a "Veterinary Assistant / Animal Attendant / Receptionist" and have no idea what to wear. I'm 20 years old and female.

It will be very hot that day (31 degrees Celsius / 88 degrees Fahrenheit).

I don't own any shorts that are an appropriate length and it'd be way too hot for jeans/pants.

I was thinking of wearing a black skater-style skirt which comes to about 1-2 inches above the knee and a nice fitting basic cotton top - would this be suitable?

Wear a black skirt?

If not just wear the pants- it'll only have to be for like an hour.

I don't think the skater top would be suitable. Interviews are your chance to impress your future employer and the way you dress and present yourself is important! Perhaps a nice short sleeve white button up blouse? Peplum top? All the best

I would only suggest to wear the skater skirt if you were willing to wear pantyhose with it because those skirts are too loose and short for bare legs. Since the weather will be warm, I'll assume you don't want to wear hose and that means wearing a longer skirt or long pants. Either way, be sure to wear high heels.

Avoid bright, loud obnoxious colors (eg. Orange, Red, Lime Green) Stick to the power colors: Gray, Black and Navy. A clean white blouse paired with trousers will do. If a skirt, make sure it hits you at the knee. Not too short. Heels are fine, but not too high. It's a vet's office, not a strip club. Avoid cleavage, but be sure that you are comfortable in what you are wearing. Remember: the interview begins the second you walk through the door. You want to be poised and at ease. Good luck.

I think skirt would be the best according to the weather. Skirt and top are fine for a job interview, but make sure that the skirt is not very short. Your dressing should look decent.