How do you run in winter or cold weather without getting sick?

I took up running this year for the first time, but ever since the cold has arrived I´ve been sick 3 times. I try to cover up enough so I won´t breath any cold air and my ears are covered, but I´m still getting sick, is it impossible to run in cold weather without making yourself sick?

• Adam D
    Favorite Answer

Cold weather doesn't make people sick. There are just as many germs in warm air as cold air. People get sick more in cold weather because of the time spent OUT of the cold weather - we spend more time indoors, around other people, making the spread of germs easier.

Eat healthy, wash your hands more frequently in the winter, and disinfect commonly touched items on a regular basis, and it will reduce how often you get sick in the winter.

• D

It's not the weather, it's your immune system. I've been running all winter long, but I never get sick. I haven't been sick in years. Do you take vitamins? Those could help