Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 7 years ago

Drivers license issues and joining Air Force?

I am shipping to BMT late next month. My driver's license expired a couple weeks ago and I'm going in to renew it sometime this week. If I don't get the new card in the mail by the time of my ship date, will the BMT job counselors accept the license renewal receipt that the DMV gives you?

Most likely I will have the card by then but I am wondering what happens if I don't.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

My first thought is to check with your state, and see what the status is for those in the military.

Texas for example has an automatic military extension for anybody in the military. Many other states have similar ordinances, or a simple form and fee and they give you a paper extension on your current license.

WIthout knowing what state you live in, it is hard to suggest anything.

Source(s): 10 years USMC 7 years US Army
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.