Is the Guild Starfire IV a good guitar?

I'm really considering buying a brand new one for around 1250$. I play a lot of blues, blues/rock and jazz, but I figured it'd be smart to get more knowledge about it, so I have a few questions, as follow:

Is it a good guitar?

Is it a fitting guitar for that kind of blues/rock/jazz sound?

How is the general quality of Guild guitars?

Is the pickups good?

Is it a big difference between an old and a new guild starfire?

• OU812
    Favorite Answer

All of the Guild's I have played, which hasn't been many, were great guitars. I can't tell you if it is a good price or not since I don't know much about them. If it is an American made Guild then that is a fair price I would think. Buddy Guy used that guitar for a while, which says a lot in my opinion. I think it would be a great blues and jazz guitar. Should work fine for most kinds of rock also. I don't know much about Guild pickups. Pretty sure the Starfire does use Guild's own brand of pups. Not sure about the difference between year models, I would just be sure it is a USA model at that price.