Confused about certain things for Adjustment of Status?
I am currently in US on F1 OPT status. Due to rejection of H1B, I would have to leave the country in Feb-2014. However, as me and my fiance knew that there is a real difficulty in getting back on Immigrant visa (thats what I have read) we decided to get married in Dec (I am getting married in a couple of DAYS !!!!). We are going to process all our papers on record time and get them sent.
Male Nationality (mine) - Indian
Female Nationality (Fiance) - American Citizen - born here.
I am currently working with a very huge Oil and Gas company and am going to sent off to Singapore in Feb. When I spoke to the HR and my managers and explained the whole situation to them, they understood and they said that they are going to give me a leave of absence for around 2 months by which time I should have my EAD again (that is in Mar-April). Then they will reinstate me back to my position (which is a pretty well paid job i should say).
My Questions :
1. If I am out of the employment how much will it affect the process ?
2. Will it be necessary for me to go out of the country any chance (my legal visa on my passport says that I can be here till Dec. 2015)
3. Is it possible to get my EAD till Mar-April if I apply in December itself ?
4. Known my fiance for around 3 years now. how difficult will the interview be for this scene ? Will they doubt the intent ?
5. Do you think it is a good idea for me to stay and do the process or go to Singapore and come back ?
Please Please help me ! I really need your help here !
- Anonymous6 years agoFavorite Answer
a marriage to avoid departure ...a bit too obvious that ... better to leave ..go home .. then the fiancée files for a fiancée visa