promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 6 years ago

Will women become the majority in business and technology degrees?

These are the last areas of education where men make a significant majority. Men do make the majority of STEM and MBA degree holders at the present time. And only the top 10% of the male students go for these professions.

This a question about feminists. They are now lobbying heavily for this in the name of "equality". The way they have had success till now, I think they will have their way in this case too.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think as with many aspects of society, we will SLOWLY see more women entering those fields.

The feminist push for regulation will fail one way or another. The only question is whether or not they achieve their policy and how large the resulting problem is. You can't regulate desires however. You can pass a policy saying colleges need to be proportional, but you can't force women to want to go into fields they don't want to.

If the proportionality regulation feminists seek comes to be, it won't cause the number of women going into STEMs to increase five fold. What it will do is force universities to cut the number of men going into these fields. What effect will that have? It won't benefit women. It will cause a shortage of qualified people in these fields, hurting those businesses and hurting American's global competitiveness in those fields. Also if males know they will not be allowed to major in those areas of interest to them, even fewer will go to college.

I'm hopefully that such obviously problematic legislation will never come to pass.

~

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

Possibly. I did a business degree and half the students more or less were women...

• 6 years ago

Who cares? Just so someone competent is in charge.

• yeah but when hell freezes over

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.