what does package received by carrier mean?

I got two day shipping for free with amazon prime. I order it yesterday but, the place that i got it from is based in LA. since the package was received by carrier (im assuming the mailman) at 5;49 this morning can I get it today?

sorry for putting it in this section I was not really paying attention.

• tro
    Favorite Answer

i means that the carrier, be it the post office or one of the delivery firms, the package was received by them a 5:49 Am

depending on their processing you might get it today, more than likely Monday

• GA41

It means the vendor you gave it to transferred it to the people who are going to bring it to you. It depends on how long it takes to deliver it.

If I give a package to federal express, the package was received by the carrier. However, it may take days or weeks before the carrier delivers it.

The postal service does not have a 2-day shipping option. So your package will likely be delivered by UPS or FedEx. Shipment received means that the seller delivered the package to the shipping company at their office in LA and you will receive it on the 2nd business day thereafter, which happens to be Tuesday. BTW, the day of shipping is NOT counted as the first day.

It means that UPS or mailman or whatever got the package from the shipper today. You will probably get it Monday or Tuesday.

Source(s): personal experience with online shopping

SMS message, text, phone call - mobile or land line, facebook messaging and/ or tracking again otherwise complaint to USPS main postal depot.

yes