Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what does package received by carrier mean?

I got two day shipping for free with amazon prime. I order it yesterday but, the place that i got it from is based in LA. since the package was received by carrier (im assuming the mailman) at 5;49 this morning can I get it today?

Update:

sorry for putting it in this section I was not really paying attention.

Update 2:

sorry for putting it in this section I was not really paying attention.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • tro
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i means that the carrier, be it the post office or one of the delivery firms, the package was received by them a 5:49 Am

depending on their processing you might get it today, more than likely Monday

• GA41
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

It means the vendor you gave it to transferred it to the people who are going to bring it to you. It depends on how long it takes to deliver it.

If I give a package to federal express, the package was received by the carrier. However, it may take days or weeks before the carrier delivers it.

• 7 years ago

The postal service does not have a 2-day shipping option. So your package will likely be delivered by UPS or FedEx. Shipment received means that the seller delivered the package to the shipping company at their office in LA and you will receive it on the 2nd business day thereafter, which happens to be Tuesday. BTW, the day of shipping is NOT counted as the first day.

• 7 years ago

It means that UPS or mailman or whatever got the package from the shipper today. You will probably get it Monday or Tuesday.

Source(s): personal experience with online shopping
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

SMS message, text, phone call - mobile or land line, facebook messaging and/ or tracking again otherwise complaint to USPS main postal depot.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.