What's a good country girl book?

So I'm going to the bookstore later and I needa good country book-about country living, where they hunt, and live out in the woods and fields.... you know, all the country stereotypes and stuff. I'm aiming towards one with a teenage girl main character but any will do. Any ideas?

Favorite Answer

the Swallows and Amazons series by Arthur Ransome is about children who in most of the books spend at least some of the time living out of doors and camping. they are set in England though so perhaps not quite what you are looking for.

island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell is about a teenage girl who lives alone on an island for many years after the Indian tribe she belongs to leaves the island and she is left behind. She has to hunt and do all sorts of things.

Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George is about a teenage girl who has to survive in the Alaskan tundra.

My Side of the Mountain by Jean George is about a teenage boy who goes to live alone in the woods. in the sequel Far Side of the Mountain he is joined by his sister.

Calico Bush by Rachel Field is about a teenage girl who has lost her family so takes a job as a servant to a family in an isolated part of Maine in the 18th century.

Children on the Oregon Trail by A. Routers van der Loef, is about a family of children who decide to continue the hazardous journey to Oregon when the rest of the wagon train they were travelling with decide to turn back. based on a true story. Lots of hunting and stuff.

• ?

Anne of Green Gables - lovely book.

Mo

Eng tutor