Becoming a conservation officer or game warden?

I'm interested in becoming a conservation officer or a game warden in specific areas of the US. For instance my dream would be working in national parks in Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Maine, Pennsylvania as well as many of the states that are a bit less inhabited and more forested. I'm currently a freshman... show more I'm interested in becoming a conservation officer or a game warden in specific areas of the US. For instance my dream would be working in national parks in Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Maine, Pennsylvania as well as many of the states that are a bit less inhabited and more forested. I'm currently a freshman in college and majoring in zoology while I'm planning to take some forestry classes on the side as well. I'm also debating on joining AFROTC and serving for a number of years. Would this help increase my chances of becoming a conservation officer or game warden? Note that I'm not just going into the AF just for the experience needed for becoming a CP/GW it's just something I might want to do. If I don't, how hard would it be to become one with just a zoology degree? thanks!
1 answer 1