How to get rid of Similar, and other pop ups?

I keep seeing see similar when I shop and it has never done that before along with other pop ups. I cannot find any programs on my computer that are related to it such as Web Cake. I've also checked my chrome extensions and there is nothing out of the ordinary there. I've also run a scan with my virus protection and it says there are no viruses.

• David
    Best Answer

Hi,

Run ATF-Cleaner and CCcleaner, free sharewares available on internet for download, in your system for broken registry links , clearing cache and temporary internet files etc.Also go to your browser settings and select a check box labeled block pop up window.

Good Luck.

Do you keep seeing "See Similar brought to you by WebCake, Genius Box, SpecialSavings, or Superfish" pop-up window on your computer screen? If yes, then this solution should work:

1. Uninstall the program from the Control Panel.

2. Reset browser settings to default specially for Internet Explorer.

3. Disable any add-on related to WebCake, Genius Box, SpecialSavings, Superfish or any unusual add-ons.

4. You can also try checking for rootkit infections using the Trend Micro Rootkit Buster.