Foreign exchange student?

Hi, I'm from USA im 13 turning 14 in a few months and I'm Hispanic (not Mexican, I have some ancestors from Spain but all my other family is from USA. And I'm not that tan just a little darker than a fair color but lighter then medium. And I have brown hair and eyes.) and I'm really fascinated by Japan. My grades are good and I was wondering how I could be a exchange student to Japan. I wouldn't want to stay for a whole semester. I've heard some people only stay for a few weeks and I was hoping 2-3 weeks. What websites offer this? Does it cost alot of money? Will people think I'm weird over there? Should I talk to my school about it?


2 Answers

  • Vamp
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    There are a number of foreign exchange programmes (which you can find by searching for "foreign exchange program" on the Internet).

    This relates specifically to Japan

    Many schools run their own programmes so it is worthwhile talking to your school (who are going to have to be involved anyway if you are going to be out-of-school during term time). They may also be able to suggest organisations that are known to them, and to be able to give you general advice as to what such an exchange entails.

    The cost may well be around $3,000 for the period of time about which you are talking but it can be very variable depending on the organisation with whom you go.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

    It might be difficult for you to find a program that only lasts 2-3 weeks but you should check out the website for lists of accredited study abroad organizations. I studied abroad in Japan for a year and had a great time so if it is possible, I definitely recommend that you go there.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.