a few of stock market questions?

hey guys! I'm coming up on about 5k and i was thinking of investing it in the stock market so I'm seeking some advice from anyone who has experience in the stock market to answer a few questions.

1. what web sights/ newspapers or anything really do you look for stock tips?

2. i know a bit about stocks and investing but do you have a good video/video series that starts at the bottom (people who know nothing).

3. i was wondering how i find stocks that are new, meaning that they just became publicly traded very recently or have yet to be on the market but are about to so people can invest in them

4. Do you have any advice for me, maybe where to start or maybe so stocks that you think are gonna do well in the next few months.

please don't hesitate to post i really would appreciate any type of input you have. thanks!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Do yourself a favor and read a good book or three like Investing for Dummies, available for free at your local library. They have access to literally thousands of books on the subject. It's worth the "investment."

The market is not geared for newbies, never will be. It's up to you not to be one and make the same simple mistakes all newbies make, like getting "tips" from strangers you know nothing about. Like telling a newbie to trade penny stocks is just leading another lamb to slaughter. You want good companies, established companies, liquid stocks. These are the "a priori." of trading and investing. Going outside these parameters gets you in trouble unless you have a plan and advanced knowledge and experience.

Are you a fundamental investor or technical trader, maybe a position trader. Will you use stops or project targets? Short-term or longterm? How many years?

Get it right the first time. Make it a rule to only trade liquid stocks. Most of the stocks that also trade options are very liquid (but not all of the options are liquid). If you don't know what liquidity is, define your terms at Investopedia as you go.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/liquidity.asp

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/liquidityrisk....

Define your risk level. Develop a plan. Define your time frame. You have a lot of reading to do. There is no video series that can really help you. It's not that simple or easy. Learning takes some work, only here it pays off for the rest of your life. It's a worthwhile "investment." Do the work and you might last.

Here is a screener that will give you constant trading ideas. The only problem is that you get a lot of little startup companies that are illiquid. Remember the rule. Ignore those. I watch for companies that are newly added, so you'll be competing with me. Let's see who gets in first.

NASDAQ - Pre-Market Ten Most Active Share Volume

http://dynamic.nasdaq.com/dynamic/premarketma.stm

• 7 years ago

Hi Richard,

Majority of Websites are advertisements and cannot be trusted. The best thing to do is tracking some Mutual Funds and stable companies at your financial advisor computer. He or she will show you the performance of each for the last 1 or 2 years, then you have to decide. Do not put all eggs in one basket. Your portfolio should be of various kinds of stocks. If you invest in long term and the price goes down, do not panick. Just review and research the company's history and decide accordingly.

For short term investment, check out Penny Stock Website and subscribe. Some of the stocks they suggested made over 2000% during the first 3 weeks and all other made 200 to 1000%.

Good luck.

• 7 years ago

Well, I will advise you to do a lot of research before you go ahead and invest any of your hard-earned dollars. There are a lot of websites and magazines that will help you in getting familiar with the tenets of investing, but you have to remember that at the end of the day, you will be responsible for making the decisions. Investing for Dummies is a great book for anyone who wants to get started. Some of the tips that can be helpful to you are,

• Research as much as you can about a stock or mutual fund

• Diversify your portfolio

• Look for a long-term gains

• Keep investing religiously

• Be on the lookout for promising companies

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

The main problem of almost every trader is the thoughts that trading is game or it's easy money. Before profitable trading you should learn a lot about this field. So, even don't try to trade with real money. You can learn how to make real money from this course ( http://forexsignal.kyma.info/ ) Second, you should choose the right broker. There are some brokers that plays against their own clients. So, your main goal - find good broker. Third, yo can generate more profits with automated trading software. As you maybe know, there is a lot of different scammers on trading market so it will be hard to find really profitable trading system. That strategy brings me a lot of money every month, all thanks to the course that I posted above. Hope you will follow my recommendations, bye!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Paul
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

get connected to a company like td ameritrade or similar type company.buy a large cap mutual fund to start with. and when u r connected to a brokerage company like this you can look up info on their site about mutual fund performances.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.