how can i get some cash for my old car which is not running anymore?

some companies recycles this kind of cars and pay to the owners some cash

• Bubba
    Favorite Answer

You can call up your local car wrecking place and tell them that you have a car that is intact but not running and all the pieces are there and that you want to junk it and they will bring out a tow to take your car and pay you on the spot. I did that to my old car back in 2005 and I got $150 cash and they took it away for free. The place I used was called Pick Your Part here in Bakersfield, CA.

Sell it as a parts vehicle

Sell each part individually (e.g doors, transmission, motor, mirrors, seats, stereo w/e). Someone will still buy the motor/tranny for replacement parts even though it doesn't work. Or you can sell it as a whole as a mechanic's special. Price will depends on the year, make and model of your car.

If you want to recycle it, check your municipal laws in regards to that. It depends per city/state

call a few junkyards and ask for a quote. With & without a tow.

Then list it on craigslist for double that.

Selling it part by part would bring you more money but could take many years to sell even a few parts.

Several parties from craigslist will make you an offer and come get it.