Who in the government deals with nuclear reactor policy?

I'm writing a paper for an International Relations class about the problems with current nuclear reactors and the need for a switch to accelerator driven thorium reactors. I need to write this as if I were proposing it to some appropriate audience, but I'm not entirely sure who in world governments would need to hear it. So what I'm asking is: who would the target audience be of a proposal to switch nuclear power sources? Would I address some international nuclear administration, or some government group that deals with policy changes? Or are there others and who (I'm hoping for specific names) will they be? Thank you for your help!

1 Answer

  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    The US org is the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. The international one is the IAEA, International Atomic Energy Administration.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.