Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

How will Harry Reid's "nuclear option" backfire on Democrats?

Reid, Democrats trigger ‘nuclear’ option; eliminate most filibusters on nominees

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/senate-pois...

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It will back fire because it sets a bad precedent. Sooner or later, Republicans will retake the senate. (sooner is more likely) When that happens Republicans can do the exact same thing to democrats, except maybe they change the laws again so it includes supreme court nominations right in time for the new Republican president to appoint a new justice. Democrats will be kicking themselves in the butt, maybe as early as next year.

• 7 years ago

When Democrats become the minority again they won't be able to filibuster. Filibusters are just a way to make a name for yourself anyway

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

It will backfire when Republicans get a majority in the Senate, then they will be the ones wielding single party control.

D'OH....!!!!

• 7 years ago

I don't know if I would say backfire. I'm sure there will be a day when they will want to require 60 votes to pass and they won't be able to. However, the republicans have required 60 votes on everything.This congress has been on a standstill and I just don't trust the republicans anymore. They will vote against anything if Obama is for it. They will do anything to keep Obama from getting anything through. I don't think they have the best interest of this nation at heart.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Just wait till 2014 and 2016, You will know then, I don't think we will see another democrat President for many years.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Harry Reid is a whiny little punk. What can you do wiith sissies like that?

• R J
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

we don't know what these commies are up to and what they will do before true Americans get back in power

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/viewSubCategory...

one thing for sure the animals will be divided

• 7 years ago

When ObamaCare is repealed with 51+ votes.....LOL!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.