what is my voice type?

Low notes = G2 (can always hit with clarity but is definitely low for me), i can also hit F2 but it loses some control / quality as well as E2

Vocal break = C- E4 I can always hit c & d 4 with ease i get a little louder on volume but zero strain e4 is definitely topping and F4 i can hit but not without belting and its inconsistent

Head voice = I top out around C-E5 in my full strong head voice

Falsetto = My falsetto (lacking in volume etc from head voice) tops out around G-B5

If at all possible id also like to know where id fit in for classical music...i know they have more than one type of baritone / tenor so if i could get more exact fits with references id appreciate that

• RJ
    Favorite Answer

Your voice type seems to be that of a baritone with an extensive vocal range. Note that falsetto is not used in determining your voice type.

Generally, a male singer's vocal range and the comfortable singing range determines the voice type. As such, the following are the general vocal ranges of male singers:

Tenor: C3 to C5

Baritone: A2 to A4

Bass: F2 to F4

The following comfortable singing ranges generally determine the voice type:

You are a tenor if you are able to sing comfortably in the range from C4 to C5.

You are a baritone if you are able to sing comfortably in the range from A3 to A4

You are a bass if you are able to sing comfortably in the range from F3 to F4.

Unfortunately, it is not not possible to determine what type of baritone you are without hearing an audio clip of your singing, however, the following is some general information about lyric and dramatic baritones:

A lyric baritone has a sweet and mild voice that lacks harshness. Hermann Prey is an example of a lyric baritone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpMCRXyW7nk

Youtube thumbnail

A dramatic baritone has a voice that is rich and fuller, and has a darker quality. Norman Bailey is an example of a dramatic baritone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fjjh12QgOI

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): Master's degree in voice