traffic from cedar hill to Dallas?

I plan on moving to Dallas next year and the nursing jobs that I'm interested in are in Dallas. can you tell me how bad traffic will be commuting from cedar hill to downtown or north Dallas. can I take streets and avoid highways?

Favorite Answer

As with Ft. Worth, I hope you have a good reason for Cedar Hill. Its location south west of Dallas in a rapidly developing area outside of Oak Cliff means that you will be joining thousands of cars and if your schedule puts you in the inbound morning direction and outbound evening, you will spend a lot of time looking at car tail lights. And city streets, with few exceptions, just mean following cars that are stopping repeatedly at traffic lights.

You can't even take the bus because Cedar Hill is outside DART.

One thing you can do is go to TXDOT camera http://dfwtraffic.dot.state.tx.us/#map.create%2832...

click on the camera icon and look at the traffic on the streets you would have to travel to commute - the images are live so figure out when you would be moving.