What does "Auch so!" mean in German?

I've been using the internet to teach myself German for a few weeks now. To understand how to a real conversation sounds and pick up new phrases, I'll watch gaming videos on YouTube after formal studying.

I keep hearing the gamers say "Auch so!" after someone makes a comment. But the meaning of the phrase doesn't fit the context of any of the situations I've heard it in. To ME anyway...

Favorite Answer

"Auch so!" or "Ebenso!" (or, my personal pet hate "Ditto!") is …

1) a short-cut answer phrase used in colloquial speech meaning 'Likewise!'. It's originally used to reciprocate a friendly sentiment someone expressed towards you, e.g. like "Einen schönen Tag noch!" (Have a nice day!), etc. Used in a sarcastic way it's like: "Yeah, right back at you, å$$%le!"

I should add, the full version of such an expression would be something like "Danke, das wünsche ich Ihnen/dir auch." or "Danke, Ihnen/dir auch." (dative case) – "Thanks, and to you, too!"

2) Sometimes people use it to express that they feel about something the same way or experience the same thing as someone else just said, like in "Me too!" or "Seconded!", "Same here!"

(Should not be confused with "Ach so!" – "Oh, I see!")

• Dave

"auch so" does literally mean 'also so' or 'also that way'.

But I am guessing (correctly I hope...) that what you had wanted to type the first time was 'Ach so!' (not 'auch so'). It's a little of a cliche for Americans seeing Germans in films, etc. to expect an 'ach so' (because it's easy to handle? not hard to understand as it sounds?... I don't know...) out of the film's German characters -- 'ah, so!' would be a sort of direct translation.... But it's really more like 'Ah... NOW I (see/understand)!' or 'Oh! ... GOT it!' or 'Aha -- THAT'S (it/what you mean)!' as a more natural equivalent in English. ... that little flash of recognition as to the 'right' meaning, finally... (IMHO...)

Source(s): native AmE

Anybody planning on traveling to a Spanish-speaking country sometime in the subsequent months or so have to make a program so that can make a dissent conversation in Spanish or just to realize when men and women speak to them due to the fact by the time your journey rolls about you should be conversationally fluent or quite near to it with the help

• Rain

İ guess they say 'ach so', this means aha, i see, oh no particular reason

auch so means anyway, nevertheless

Source(s): native

It means ' Also So'!

Like for example if ur friend has got same shoes and ur like me too...

It liturally means Me too/ Also so

Source(s): Fluent speaker ;)

Also So