Microsoft Stock (MSFT) vs. Google Stock (GOOG), also Yandex (YNDX) and Baidu Inc (ADR)?

I have a few questions regarding the stocks of several companies. I am trying to improve my understanding of how stocks work, and I am a novice at this.

1) Looking at the historical stock prices of MSFT, I have noticed that Microsoft remains between a certain price range, whereas GOOG has begun from a low price and over the course of years, has greatly appreciated its stock prices. Why is this? Is this because Microsoft is mostly a dividend-paying company whereas Google targets gains in the stock price? I know that I'm comparing a software company to a search engine company, so that doesn't make a lot of sense, but why does the MSFT stock prices remain within a limited range?

2) Do you think that GOOG has reached a saturation point? Considering the censorship laws in China, and a 1-billion user market, Baidu Inc (ADR) is the sector leader in China. Do you think that it's a good buy? The stock price trends seem to be going up. Would you expect Baidu to grow as much as Google in the long-term (5 to 10 years)?

3) Do you think that Yandex (YNDX) has potential to grow further, and would this be reflected in its stock prices? Is it, therefore, a good buy at the moment? What sounds like a better investment for you - Baidu Inc. or Yandex? I believe Yandex has 60% of the Russian market, and provides services to nearby countries, as well as providing services such as free mail, a payment system similar to paypal, and a gps system similar to google maps.

4) Where do you see Baidu and Yandex stock prices in 5 years? In 10? More than 10?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Favorite Answer

Buy Bonds, no stock on an open market is a safe 10 years investment.

Any stock that says or sales rep that promises a better than %14 increase is a sham.

Baidu is old news, Yandex is cloudy, at best.

Look at how other .ru have performed over the last five years.

Google is a powerful player, that is one massive DB that only grows and has been growing for years.

Good luck.

1

Source(s): Make Money Investing in Stocks http://teres.info/TheTradingCode

You should try with Penny Stocks Trading (you can find more info here: http://pennystocks.toptips.org)

Penny stocks, also known as cent stocks in some countries, are common shares of small public companies that trade at low prices per share.

I've been subscribing to this PennyStock web site for about a year now and have loved the objective advice they give. He really does look for quality stocks and I've made some pretty nice profits on a lot of his suggestions. Being still fairly new to investing I have been dabbling a lot in penny stocks to try and grow my account. I may not have a big account, but it's a lot bigger than it was a year ago. On just one of Nathan's picks this year I managed to make my investment back ten-fold! Be careful! Penny stocks are notoriously risky but if you follow the right method the risk is almost 0. I suggest to invest only little money first and then reinvest the profits. This is the site I'm using: http://pennystocks.toptips.org

Hope it helps.