What are some cool ideas to raise money for charity?

I live in a country with a lot of poverty, inequality, and tension. I am in the Leo club and hope to one day be the leader of the Lions where I am form :) I have always had a need to help the people in need so I am asking for suggestions. This summer I am endeavoring to walk the whole great wall of China (some... show more I live in a country with a lot of poverty, inequality, and tension. I am in the Leo club and hope to one day be the leader of the Lions where I am form :) I have always had a need to help the people in need so I am asking for suggestions. This summer I am endeavoring to walk the whole great wall of China (some parts are not safe enough to walk, so i will be going through near by areas. I already have 246 sponsors that will pay anything form $1-$50 per mile. This should raise a substantial amount of money for our current project, but it is not enough. I need to raise enough to money to put a large dent into helping the poor in my country. Does anyone have any large scale ideas?
2 answers 2