Hi If I bid something on ebay do I have to pay inmediately or can I wait a week??? (I am new at ebay)?

Hi I am a collector and found something on ebay for my collection but I can't buy it right now because I am from Mexico and the item only ships to the US and so I can't go right now to the US because I am in school right now and don't have vacations and so The item doesn't say buy now but It only... show more Hi I am a collector and found something on ebay for my collection but I can't buy it right now because I am from Mexico and the item only ships to the US and so I can't go right now to the US because I am in school right now and don't have vacations and so The item doesn't say buy now but It only says "Place Bid" and so the item ends on November/22/2013 that's like in 2 days and I will not go in 2 days to the US for the reason I mentioned and I have emailed the seller and he said that I place a bid right now and that he will be waiting for payment until december 5th thats the day I said to him that I probably buy it but I am not sure If I can buy the item that day so my question Is if I place a bid right now and don't pay in december 5th what could happen to me??? (I really want the item so badly for collection and its from 2007 probably they will never make it again). thanks for answering I will give 10 points to the best answer.