Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

School dating doesn't make sense?

Ok so in elementary school through high school there's always a lot of people dating what I don't understand is when someone ask out someone like this "hey you wanna go out" do they really mean go on a date or just have the title that they're a couple I just don't understand this it's so confusing I guess I'm to straight forward for this

Favorite Answer

No, not until high school, and even then pairing off doesn't make sense. There's too much pressure on kids to get a boy-or-girlfriend at too early an age, long before their brains are developed enough to deal with the emotional issues.

Most of the time its just so they can have the title that they are a couple. Its only mostly in high school (14-17) that the parents would let them go on a real date. But, from elementary (5-10) to middle school (11-13), which is most of your school life just means they have the title that they are a couple.

I think that in middle school or elementary school it probably means just the title of being someone's boyfriend or girlfriend, but in highschool it probably means on a date, i guess

Source(s): I'm a highschooler, though i havent ever even been on a date (pathetic, i know)