Its steam really safe?

Hi I'm gonna subscribe to steam but I have a real doubt about this system. What would happen to all the games I bought in steam is this page go out of business or just shut down? Do I lose all the games I purchase with my money? Or steam make a way to give you all the game without the account? Thank you

Favorite Answer

Steam has stated that in the event they go out of business, they would provide patches for their games that would allow you to play them without needing Steam.

Steam has been around for over a decade, and shows no signs of slowing down, let alone going out of business. If anything, I say they've pretty much saved PC gaming.

The system is very robust. The most common complaint is...Steam's sales make it too easy to buy too many games and fill up your hard drive.

valve has said that if they where to ever go out of business they would release a patch that gets rid of all the drm on their games. So not sure how you would go about downloading it again. but seeing as steam has a high of 6.5 million users signed in on weekdays with an average of 4 million i don't see them going out of business soon.