Why do people hate on old movies?/Do you like old movies?

Why do people seem to hate on movies made before 1990. I don't like how older movies have been generalized as "boring." There are people who talk about remake trailers and say that the originals are bad just because they weren't made during this time. I used to be the kind of person who didn't... show more Why do people seem to hate on movies made before 1990. I don't like how older movies have been generalized as "boring." There are people who talk about remake trailers and say that the originals are bad just because they weren't made during this time. I used to be the kind of person who didn't like black and white, but when I actually started watching movies like Psycho which really thrilled me I began to enjoy them. It's frustrating to not be able to talk about movies that I like with, say, my peers (I'm still in school) since none of them seem to care about the older films that I love (there are many new movies that I like too, I'm not leaving them out).

Sure, some of them seem rather dull. I'm not particularly impatient on seeing Citizen Kane though I'm sure it's great. But really - there were movies made back then that are just as good and as action-packed as today, like Rear Window, North by Northwest, Goldfinger (James Bond), The Towering Inferno, etc.

There are also movies that are as creepy as those today, like Psycho, Carrie, Dracula, etc.

if you don't like old movies I really suggest watching some of those that i've listed.
Update: @Luke-E Boi "The Towering Inferno" is a really suspenseful disaster movie about a burning skyscraper and the hundreds of people trapped at the dedication ceremony at the top. It has an all-star cast (Paul Newman, Steve MacQueen, Faye Dunaway, etc.) Also, you should really show your brother some scenes... show more @Luke-E Boi "The Towering Inferno" is a really suspenseful disaster movie about a burning skyscraper and the hundreds of people trapped at the dedication ceremony at the top. It has an all-star cast (Paul Newman, Steve MacQueen, Faye Dunaway, etc.)

Also, you should really show your brother some scenes from The Godfather and other stuff, maybe he'll get interested

I haven't seen it myself but I saw the "Sonny is killed" clip on YouTube and it looks very good.