mimi asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 6 years ago

President Bush and women in STEM?

hey guys,

I'm trying to do some personal research on our world leaders and the efforts they've put in towards supporting women in STEM fields. I do not really know too much about George Bush's efforts because i was young when he was president however i do know Obama has been spending some time with it.

Can anyone find me some links discussing Bush's efforts if he paid any or does anyone just know what he's done regarding it?

Thanks! :)

1 Answer

Relevance
  • AJ
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

STEM fields or STEM education is an acronym for the fields of study in the categories of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (United States) are often underrepresented in these fields, holding less than 25% of the jobs. Studies have been conducted to explain this pattern, such as mechanisms in recruitment and hiring processes. On average, women in STEM fields earn 33% more than those in non-STEM professions. They also experience a smaller wage gap compared to men. However, women can be found as leaders in top professions around the country. These include the U.S. Department of Defense, NASA, and the National Science Foundation (NFS).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STEM_fields#Women_in_...

George Bush is a moron who didn't and still doesn't understand anything about any of these topics. He was however known for his policies related to Stem cell research (which isn't the same as the STEM fields you are referring to). You are therefore mixing up the STEM fields with Stem cell research. Bush was only involved in the latter, and so is Obama.

http://edition.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/08/09/bush...

• mimi6 years agoReport

no i was referring to women in STEM fields and i was wondering what exactly bush has done to help promote it/support it and stuff like that, but thanks!

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.