Why do Athiests compare Steve Jobs, the greatest inventor of the 21st century to Dennis Ritchie?

I have heard Athiests try to compare the greatest inventor of the 21st century, Steve Jobs who invented mp3 player, ipads , cell phones, computers, to Dennis Ritchie who just made some unknown operating system and some programming language?

Why do Athiests keep bringing this comparison? http://www.maniacworld.com/steve-jobs-vs-dennis-ri...

Favorite Answer

Half the ******* internet runs on that "unknown operating system."

I am a Christian and I would bring that up-

I would not consider Steve Jobs to be the greatest inventor of the 21st century

First I am not sure how many patents actually exist because Steve Jobs did the work vrs paid some one to invent them. However even if you could show that he had invented all the things Apple holds the patent to you still have the problem that he died in 2011 which is rather early in the 20th century which means there is still plenty of time for someone to invent something that makesthe 22nd century way more advanced then the 20th

Next the operating system designed by Ritchie is Unix- the current mac OSx is a unix based operating system and the language is C which is one of the most widely used programming languages in the world.

When did Steve Jobs invent the cell phone and the computer?

Jobs did not invent the mp3 player.

• Witch

Why do you post questions when you have no clue, whatsoever, what an Atheist is?

@Witch

He's a troll if you didn't already notice.