only some bite most are harmless some spiders

Update 4:

i think seek attention

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Best Answer

A natural phobia. By the way, not all girls fear the insects. Most of my friends are not afraid of insect. We grew up with them, lol.

• 6 years ago

I think you're generalising a lot here. Not all girls are.

I'm a 17 year old girl and I don't have an over-the-top fear of insects.

• 6 years ago

It's not just girls, I know many guys that do too. It's just a natural phobia.

The more I read your responses, the more I feel you don't quite have a grasp on the English language.

• Kojak
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

NO......

FIRST It is not just "girls" that fear insects...... EVERYBODY is afraid of something....

Anthropologist Desmond Morris theorized our fears are based on "differences".....we fear things that are unlike ourselves..... if an animal has features like us......two eyes.....two ears....a nose.....say like a little monkey.....we think it is "cute"...almost human.......but if the creature is unlike us....eight eyes....no ears.....and no nose....like a spider it is something to be feared

I am a paratrooper....Ranger....Green Beret.....fought in two wars....but I fear swimming under water in caves....I have to face that fear....conquer that fear....most other people....including "girls" avoid facing their fears.....

as to them screaming..... ancestral conditioning.....women were gatherers...the gathered in groups to work.....talked to give them security....early warning of trouble....hence making noise is part of their training....Men were hunters....they needed to be silent....making noise would prevent their success..... hence they deal with danger silently.....

as to girls wanting attention....partly true but not as you mean....getting attention brings rescue.....getting attention warns others....it is how they survive NOT a seeking to be noticed egocentrically

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Because insects bite.Even if an insect doesn't bite,who would like insects to crawl on their body ? Isn't it creepy ?

• 6 years ago

Because insects are creepy and disgusting

• Sting
    Lv 4
    6 years ago

Because they hate bugs

• OVO12
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

I just don't like them, especially near me or on me.

• 6 years ago

That's a big generalization. :/

• 6 years ago

They re ugly and creepy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.