New York for 3 British teenage girls (Advice needed!)?

Hi guys! For my 17th (or 18th if it doesn't work out) birthday i'm planning to take along two of my friends to New York in February 2014. My grandmother owns an apartment in north Bronx i believe, in a nice area as she says, and that's where we will be staying for the duration of our 2 week... show more Hi guys!

For my 17th (or 18th if it doesn't work out) birthday i'm planning to take along two of my friends to New York in February 2014.

My grandmother owns an apartment in north Bronx i believe, in a nice area as she says, and that's where we will be staying for the duration of our 2 week stay!

I've got most things planned out, but there's probably a lot i don't know about New York in general, the public, how to act etc so i was hoping you could all help me out?

I'm going to ask a few questions but ALL advice would be helpful!

(Just a note, my mum will also be coming but she will be staying with my Grandmother in her apartment in Manhattan, but will call in to check on us occasionally, but will not be with us unless we need her.)

1. Tips on keeping safe in the Bronx and Manhattan (Where we will be most of the time).
2. Best places to visit.
3. What are New Yorkers like (as a general, i know not everyone is the same)
4. What NOT to do, that may offend people, attract attention etc.
5. The language e.g slang, often used words that we may not understand
6. Transport links from the Bronx to Manhattan and average cost?
7. Emergency links and numbers.
8. Are we likely to attract bad attention? if so how can we prevent that from happening.
9. Areas in the Bronx NOT to visit.
10. Good restaurants.
11. Things we are NOT allowed to do because of age (Don't want to break any laws)
12. Good tours, tourist passes etc.
13. How to hail a cab (Being dead serious.)
14. Average amount of money we need for groceries for 2 weeks.
15. Average amount of money needed for A LOT of travel for 2 weeks.
16. Transport links from JFK to the Bronx.
17. Weather in February.
18. Will we be treated differently/weirdly because we are English?
19. Also one of my friends is an absolute BOY MAGNET, but it doesn't cause to much trouble here because British boys tend to stare but not act upon their feelings, are American boys in general the same or will they make comments? And also if they do make comments or approach us, how should we respond?

I've probably forgot a TON of questions but for now, that's it, any other advice would be much appreciated!

Just encase anyone feels like criticizing me - i did save up the money to buy my own plane ticket! and i'm still saving for shopping etc. Not to mention the accommodation is free! so i'm not a spoiled rich kid (unfortunately).

Many thanks!

Delilah xox