promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Dogs in Le Lavandou (Provence) on the beach?

Hi,

are dogs allowed on the beach in Le Lavandou (Provence), near Cavalaire-sur-mer? If so, on the leash or free?

Thanks for any help!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't know how Le Lavandou authorities are in particular, but from living with a dog in France myself, you can overlook many restrictions... as long as you remain respectful to others!

You could always take the dog to the beach with you after 6pm. At this time in the summer, it's still day time, yet beaches are getting empty as tourists go back to their accommodation.

But generally speaking, unless you have a crazy little buddy and/or guards there are particular pains, you shouldn't have to worry too much.

Very often, people don't even notice my dog being around because she is so quiet - and when she is not she makes up for it in cuteness. A dog that is not a bother is generally either ignored or welcomed in public places.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Cabal
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Usually dogs are not allowed on public beaches. There's signs at the entrance saying so. If they are allowed, it is leashed only.

For the Lavandou, dogs are forbidden on all twelve beaches as said on the site of the town, right side under the coloured lines.

http://www.ot-lelavandou.fr/les-12-plages-du-lavan...

Source(s): French
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.