Can you sue a police officer for illegally searching your vehicle without a warrant/verbal consent?

I was stopped recently for some invalid license plates. The officer had me step out of the car with my girlfriend, and then opened the right-hand front door (passenger door), and then reached inside to look. After about 15 seconds, he came back to where I was sitting and asked me if it would be OK to search my... show more I was stopped recently for some invalid license plates.
The officer had me step out of the car with my girlfriend, and then opened the right-hand front door (passenger door), and then reached inside to look. After about 15 seconds, he came back to where I was sitting and asked me if it would be OK to search my car.
I told him that because it was not my car, I refuse the search. He then got very belligerent and frustrated/unprofessional.

My problem is that he went inside my car without consent. I know my rights, and I am pretty sure he did not have probable cause, because after the sergeant arrived, they spent the rest of the time circling the car with flashlights instead.

Can I sue the officer for doing this?

Can I have him dismissed from the force?

Could the DA not prosecute if he were to use evidence he found while in the car?

Please help me answer! Please CITE PROPER sources too so I can read up.

Thanks guys!

Keep Americans FREE!