Best All Around North American Hunting Cartridge?

So first off I live in Canada and I will mostly hunt Whitetail, also Elk and Moose once in a while (every couple years). My hunting is mostly done in the bush but sometimes some field shooting (not road hunting) I own some land being a field. In the bush my shots are usually around 150 yards maybe 200 yards, and my... show more So first off I live in Canada and I will mostly hunt Whitetail, also Elk and Moose once in a while (every couple years). My hunting is mostly done in the bush but sometimes some field shooting (not road hunting) I own some land being a field. In the bush my shots are usually around 150 yards maybe 200 yards, and my field shots are probably 300 yards max.

My father already owns a .30-06 and says it's an all around caliber for all that type of shooting cause he's done it. Not that I don't think .30-06 isn't an all around caliber it kind of in a way wanted something a little different if possible. My rifle I will be purchasing will be a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless Lefthanded for those who wanted to know what rifle all be using. All my friends shoot .270's and they say there the best and are fine as well for Elk and Moose. Also some of my friends recommended the .270 WSM. Of course dad just tells me to get the .30-06 meanwhile all my hunting friends say their garbage. They pull lines like "you never see .30-06's on the hunting channels anymore, now you see .270's, .270WSM's, .300WSM's, and .308's" also ".270's and .270WSM's are flatter shooting and more accurate and faster and don't have an arch like the .30-06.

But I don't see the reason with them, ya their not a short action, big deal, extra inch or two of bolt extraction and ya their not flat shooting but I don't really see people stop believing in it as being the best all around caliber. I also want to take recoil into account. I don't want to develop a flinch right before every shot I make. I'll be buying a Limbsaver no matter what caliber I end up getting, I want an enjoyable shooting rifle that I can take basically anything with in North America. I only plan on buying one rifle for everything, not 5 rifles.

Ammo availability wouldn't be a problem or cost of ammo. I really want the stainless barrel instead of the blued rifle and where I live the .270WSM only comes with a blued barrel and the other calibers for this scenario are fine meaning they come stainless and lefthanded so. I'm stuck and I need help fast, I'm going tomorrow to get a gun no matter what a need a solid plan, Please answer if you have experience with these rifles and what not, need genuine answers pronto.