Zach asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Why is Obama so stupid? Nuclear Weapons?

Like seriously? My main thing is nuclear weapons!! I know since campaigning for his first election, he's wanted to "decrease" or get rid of our nuclear weapons!! Has this gone anywhere? I sure as heck hope not! We NEED those for protection and defense!! IDIOT. World peace won't happen by getting rid of nuclear weapons, countries will lie, and then we're wide open, with no nuclear weapons. Why don't we just keep producing nuclear weapons to scare the other countries....we need to INTIMIDATE. We need to stay the number 1 world power, we need to be the most powerful. Without nuclear weapons we are not. So could someone tell me is he has decreased our nuclear weapons, if he hasn't will he and can he? He better not. We need them. It's a great sense of protection. Thanks everyone :/

If you disagree with me, email me and tell me why too.

I believe we should have more than any other country.

• Bug
    Favorite Answer

Conservative God Ronald Reagan wanted to get rid of nukes.

“We seek the total elimination one day of nuclear weapons from the face of the Earth.”

Ronald Reagan, Inaugural Address, 1985

“A nuclear war cannot be won and must never be fought. The only value in our two nations possessing nuclear weapons is to make sure they will never be used. But then would it not be better to do away with them entirely?”

Ronald Reagan, 1984 State of the Union

“It is my fervent goal and hope…that we will some day no longer have to rely on nuclear weapons to deter aggression and assure world peace. To that end the United States is now engaged in a serious and sustained effort to negotiate major reductions in levels of offensive nuclear weapons with the ultimate goal of eliminating these weapons from the face of the earth.”

Ronald Reagan, October 20, 1986

“I can’t believe that this world can go on beyond our generation and on down to succeeding generations with this kind of weapon on both sides poised at each other without someday some fool or some maniac or some accident triggering the kind of war that is the end of the line for all of us. And I just think of what a sigh of relief would go up from everyone on this earth if someday–and this is what I have–my hope, way in the back of my head–is that if we start down the road to reduction, maybe one day in doing that, somebody will say, ‘Why not all the way? Let’s get rid of all these things’.”

Ronald Reagan, May 16, 1983

“My central arms control objective has been to reduce substantially, and ultimately to eliminate, nuclear weapons and rid the world of the nuclear threat. The prevention of the spread of nuclear explosives to additional countries is an indispensable part of our efforts to meet this objective. I intend to continue my pursuit of this goal with untiring determination and a profound sense of personal commitment.”

Ronald Reagan, March 25, 1988 Message to Congress on NPT

“Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.”

Ronald Reagan, from Reagan’s Secret War by Martin and Annelise Anderson’s

“The challenge of statesmanship is to have the vision to dream of a better, safer world and the courage, persistence, and patience to turn that dream into a reality.”

“Our moral imperative is to work with all our powers for that day when the children of the world grow up without the fear of nuclear war.”

my guess is you ave never experienced anything close to a nuclear explosion.

the nuclear stand off MAD did help keep the peace. but we had nuclear superiority as early as late 1960s.

at it peak in the cold war there are over 15,000 weapons on each side. now it has been reduced to a few thousand.

after the first few hundred all he rest can do is "make the rubble bounce"

1 bomb =1 city. the current estimate is about 1500 per side. with 50 states that is 30 per state. can you name 30 cities in your state? that does NOT count the effects of Nuclear winter and state wide fires started by the detonations.

Source(s): retired engineer tested nukes in the late 60s. watched mountain sides pealing off like reaching waves at a beach
  • Jacara

The US can get rid of 4/5 of our Nukes and still have more than the rest of the world combined lol

Why nobody will use them except the N Koreans or The Iranians. And Iran will get the nuclear weapons while Obama is in the white house.

• ?

NO- it has not-- just like his other campaign deniable promises.

The biparty of money has thousands of nukes.

Money has NUKES. maybe disarming it could have merit.

That's not nice.